Community Forum

Intermittent connection loss

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Intermittent connection loss

I have had the problem of losing Internet connection for a few seconds to a few minutes at a time for weeks now. I have had two techs visit so far.

The first one came in, looked at everything and said it was fine. Went outside and said that the outside line was bad. I thought he fixed it, but the problem persisted. So a couple days I called back and had another tech come out. He didn't even come in. He looked outside and told me that he sees a work order on his tablet for this area and that a lot of houses were affected. He said they were working on the problem but couldn't tell me when it would be done. So I gave it a few days and the problem is still here as bad as ever. 

I called again today and was told that there was no work order for  my area and they didn't know what the second tech was talking about. So I have another tech coming out in a couple of days.

Modem/router is Motorola MG7550. I have two desktops connected via ethernet and they both drop. I have phones and laptops that also drop. It only lasts like 10 seconds to 5 minutes each time and comes back by itself each time. No rebooting etc. Even though I have rebooted the modem and had comcast send a refresh signal several times.

Any wisdom before the 3rd tech comes out? Anything I should tell him that I haven't already? 

modem stats 09_15_18.PNG
Contributor

Re: Intermittent connection loss

modem even log 09_15_18.PNG
Expert

Hi @Rainyday113

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

I've asked a Comcast employee to take a look at your modem/node health. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Rainyday113 - 

Thank you for reaching out here about these internet issues. I'd be happy to help. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!