Community Forum

Intermittent 5 min outages

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Intermittent 5 min outages

Several times a day we have about a five minute outage.  Gateway is set up in bridge mode and using AirportExtreme wireless router.  Tier 1 support sent  a new gateway.  Issue still .  Tier 1 then sent technician out.  He checked everything from street to gateway.  He replaced a Comcast install amplifier.  Issue still occurs.  I continue to call tier 1 support and they indicate there is nothing they can do but send another technician out.  They indicate they can not escalate to a network engineer.  

To document the issue I havine been running pingplotter 27/7.  A plot from today is here:  https://share.pingplotter.com/W8ywm6U7VBQ

It sure looks like to me that the first hop past the gateway is the issue.  How do I confimr this and get the proper escalation?

Expert

Re: Intermittent 5 min outages

Start with the modem's signal stats. Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert
Official Employee

Hello mlento2005, I can assist you with finding out what is going on with your connection. Since you have already had technicians out to your home I'd like to take a deeper dive into the account and services to see where the problem could be coming from, can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

Any answers OP. Can't hurt....

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Thnks.  Sent PM.

Expert

Good luck !

Regular Visitor

Still having issue  ....  here is a traceroute from this morning.  https://share.pingplotter.com/XrwKESC636M

75.75.75.75.png

Expert

Again. Signal stats ?

Regular Visitor

From which device and how? IP address you provided takes me to gateway admin portal. No option for stats that I can find.
Expert

Try going to "Connection" >>> "Status".

Official Employee

tfa675, I responded to your private message please reach back out to me there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

Is this in the true spirit of these forums to do everything in private and not educate other readers here ???