Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

Inconsistent Speed/Speed Nowhere Near Package Speed

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Inconsistent Speed/Speed Nowhere Near Package Speed

For a test, what speeds do you get with a computer hardwired directly to the 8200 with an ethernet cable ? ( no router, no switches).

Regular Visitor

Inconsistent Speed/Speed Nowhere Near Package Speed

Hi Team! 

I've had services for about two weeks now and am paying for the 'Gigabit' speed package. Only because the price was basically the same as the lower tiers and my Unifi network is capable of the speeds. Anyways, I purchased the SB8200 modem as suggested by Xfinity, had the services set up by the Xfinity tech and he basically left before I could make sure it was all working. 

I am using a Ubiquiti USG as the router and a AC-Pro access points to connect. I have a 8 port Unifi switch that is coming off of the USG directly where my desktop, TV, and the access point connect to. I am getting the gigabit lights on the switch for all devices except the TV and my software shows that they are sending and receiving at almos a gigabit.

My concern is the uplink and download. I haven't been able to download any higher than 300Mbps over the course and have tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot the network. Is there something that needs to be done with the SB8200, like is it not capable of doing more than 300 out of the box? 

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Scott