Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

Hi,

Long time Comcast customer here. We pay our bill on time every month. Good customers.

For the last week or so, any emails incoming to my Comcast email addresses are delayed anywhere from 30 minutes all the way up to 12 hours delayed!

I have tested this theory and sent emails to and from my Comcast email address via my Hotmail, and vice versa. The hotmail always receives messages immediately.

So, apparently my Comcast-originated emails are sending fine, but the incoming messages are delayed for some reason.

This is a problem that is big enough for me to consider another provider, as I depend on my Comcast email for my work. My boss isn't too keen on being ignored for hours at a time, and I'm not too keen on not receiving reports, etc. on time. This is going to cost me my job if it doesn't get straightened out.

It's embarrassing to have to use a Hotmail for professional work and explain to my boss that my Comcast is unreliable. It makes me look unreliable. Lastly, the incoming emails are from a VERY large, VERY well known online retailer based out of the Seattle area. If Comcast is blocking those, or otherwise delaying them, that is a pretty big problem.

Is there some kind of issue going on? Can I get some kind of credit. I could show you at least 20 emails over the past 5 days that have been delayed.

Expert

Re: Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

I've escalated this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should hear back from one of them in this thread.

Official Employee

Re: Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

Hi, rela99  - I will need to investigate your issue further. Could you please send me examples you have in a private message? I'd also need your account information (name, address, phone number).