Community Forum

Importing Outlook Contacts to Comcast Address Book

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Importing Outlook Contacts to Comcast Address Book

Others reading this thread will want to know------what worked for you?  Did you email them or just do the import from the Plaxo webpage?

New Poster

Worked!  Thanks

Expert

The address book is actually provided by a company called Plaxo.  They are a subsidiary of Comcast.  You can sign into your address book by going directly to their website--------------

https://www.plaxo.com/

Use your Comcast user ID and password to sign in there, and then try the import again.  If it still doesn't work, send them an email and describe what you are doing.  They are pretty good about responding within 24 hours-------------

helpme@sv.comcast.com

New Poster

I have exported my Outlook 2010 contacts into a .csv file.  Xfinity soes not import due to incorrect file format.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Expert

I don't have Outlook, but basically what you need to do is export your contacts in the form of either a .csv file or a vCard file.  Here is how you do that in Outlook 2010----------

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/export-contacts-HA101870639.aspx

You didn't say which version of Outlook you have but I imagine they are all pretty similar for that.  Once you have exported the information you a place on your computer you can find it easily like the desktop, you then would open the address book in the Comcast account and import them.  Once you have the address book open look for "Build Your Address Book" and follow the prompts.

New Poster

Importing Outlook Contacts to Comcast Address Book

How do I go about taking a file containing my Outlook contacts from my job and loading them to my Comcast account?