Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

Ater getting an email advising that Plaxo is gone after 12/31/17, I contacted customer service to ask about an alternative address book format.  They don't have any answers.  How disgusting to have something customers like & then take it away without a substitute.  I rely on my Address Book for many reasons.  Anyone know what is going on?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

benlo wrote:

When is the new email format? I haven't heard anything about it. 

The new format software is provided by a different vendor--------Appsuite.  It looks a lot different than the old one.  Here is the old format from Zimbra------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

The new Appsuite format looks like this--------------------

New Format.jpg

There is no knowing when you will be migrated.  They've been rolling it out for over a year and a half now.  It will just happen when they get around to you.

All Replies
Expert

Re: If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

When you are migrated to the new email format, it has it's own address book, and the information from the Plaxo version should migrate along with your email.

Frequent Visitor

Expert

benlo wrote:

The new format software is provided by a different vendor--------Appsuite.  It looks a lot different than the old one.  Here is the old format from Zimbra------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

The new Appsuite format looks like this--------------------

New Format.jpg

There is no knowing when you will be migrated.  They've been rolling it out for over a year and a half now.  It will just happen when they get around to you.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the clarification.