Community Forum

IPv6 and DOCSIS 3.1 questions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Authorized Vendor

Re: IPv6 and DOCSIS 3.1 questions

@cstory777 wrote:

I don't have gigabit access, no.  However at my old apartment, not even 2 miles south of where I am now, the lights were blue indicating 3.1.

One of two things can be going on here..  1) there is a AMP or splitter in the mix that doesnt support over 750, and that has happen 2) the node is on a differnet cable-mac or CMTS that is not turned up yet.. 

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
New Poster

I don't have gigabit access, no.  However at my old apartment, not even 2 miles south of where I am now, the lights were blue indicating 3.1.

Authorized Vendor

wrote:
FWIW, IPv6 is supposed to be supported systemwide now.

Maybe DOCSIS 3.1 isn't yet available in your area ??

Are you subscribed to their gigabit speed-tier ?

Yes systemwide IPv6 support for about the past 4 years, about a year before I started with ARRIS..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Diamond Problem Solver

FWIW, IPv6 is supposed to be supported systemwide now.

Maybe DOCSIS 3.1 isn't yet available in your area ??

Are you subscribed to their gigabit speed-tier ?
New Poster

IPv6 and DOCSIS 3.1 questions

1. Where do I go to see if Xfinity/Comcast has IPv6 in my area?  I've searched and searched and searched for a page that can answer that simple question for me and I can't find one.  And no, comcast6.net isn't showing that info anymore.

2. Why is my modem (Arris SB8200) only running in DOCSIS 3.0 mode?  The 2 middle lights on the modem are green, indicating 3.0, and they should be blue, indicating 3.1.