Community Forum

IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails.

This message appears after a long time after signing in to my email.  How would I know what emails are not being received? March 15, 2018 

Why is this happening?

Expert

Re: IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails.

You need to clarify-------are you using only the webmail UI with a browser, or do you have the account enabled in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem, using Xfinity webmail.

Expert

@sarahsez wrote:

I have the same problem, using Xfinity webmail.

What client/app are you using?  IMAP is not a consideration if you are using only the webmail and a browser.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

The funny thing is, I wasn't trying to import anything. I was just composing an email using an address that I had to type in. It wasn't in my address book. That "IMAP server" message popped up. Also, it showed that the email was sent, but said it couldn't keep a copy in the Send folder. I recently received a phone call from the person I emailed, so it must have actually gone through or she wouldn't have known I was trying to get ahold of her. Not really sure what this is all about, but it's definitely Xfinity's problem.
Expert

@LGP1 wrote:

The funny thing is, I wasn't trying to import anything. I was just composing an email using an address that I had to type in. It wasn't in my address book. That "IMAP server" message popped up. Also, it showed that the email was sent, but said it couldn't keep a copy in the Send folder. I recently received a phone call from the person I emailed, so it must have actually gone through or she wouldn't have known I was trying to get ahold of her. Not really sure what this is all about, but it's definitely Xfinity's problem.

I got one or two of the "can't save in sent folder" responses too.  I suspect it had to do with a cable that got severed two days ago someplace in the Comcast network.  There was a message about it on the Xfinity homepage.  It hasn't happened to me again since.