Community Forum

I received an email stating that there was a virus detected in my email account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver

Re: I received an email stating that there was a virus detected in my email account

Was the specific virus mentioned?

There is another post by someone else who says the email he/she received said he was infected with the V2KTBW virus.

I have done an exhaustive search and cannot find anything for that supposed virus.

It sound similar to the email mentioned in example number 18 in the phish or legit topic I linked to.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: I received an email stating that there was a virus detected in my email account

Please read this Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting about your mail) clickable link.

It contains very useful information about mail that purports to be from Comcast and could help you determine if it is or is not legitimate. I'm leaning toward a phishing attempt because there are numerous phish attempt mails that warn that your account will be deleted if you do not follow the directions in the email.

By the time you get through reading it YOU will be an expert on HOW to know that the mail is a phishing attempt.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Contact CSA - 1 - 888-565-4329, They should be able to help you determine if the message was legitimate or spam/phishing

New Poster

I received an email stating that there was a virus detected in my email account

I want to know if the email that I received stating that my email account had a virus and that it was upgraded. I was asked to enter my user id and password or else my email account would be deleted. This didn't sound right, so I didn't do as it requested. I would like to know if indeed there was a visus detected and if I need to do anything.