Community Forum

I need a password for the page 192.168.0.1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I need a password for the page 192.168.0.1

I am trying to get my WEP passphrase, and I forgot the password to this site.  The live chat keeps telling me to click gate summary but it is not a link..can anybody help me with the password to this site.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: I need a password for the page 192.168.0.1

jamesst wrote:
I am trying to get my WEP passphrase, and I forgot the password to this site.  The live chat keeps telling me to click gate summary but it is not a link..can anybody help me with the password to this site.

That site is your router's config page. If you forgot the password you set up, you'll need to set the router to its default configuration and use the default password and username for that brand router. When you set it to default configuration you will lose your security wep/wap config.
Expert

What is the make and model # of your gateway device ?

You can try any of this addys.

The user name may be comcast and the password may be 1234.

Message Edited by EG on 07-30-2007 06:32 PM

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Is this a Home Networking device that you got from Comcast or did you buy it yourself? If so, the username and password could be different depending on the make and model.
Expert

"If so" to which question ?

Do you have any suggestions ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Touche. If the router is provided by Comcast, the username will be comcast and the password will be 1234.If you are unable to log into the router with this info, call the helpdesk and have them reset it to default. If the router is store bought, the un/pw will be different.The only thing I could find which has a list of router usernames and passwords by manufacturer is this: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/DefaultLoginsandPasswordsforNetworkedDevices.php
Most Valued Poster

PsychoMonkey wrote:
The only thing I could find which has a list of router usernames and passwords by manufacturer is this: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/DefaultLoginsandPasswordsforNetworkedDevices.php