Community Forum

I have a new modem/router from Comcast Model DPC3941 problem connecting to an app.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: I have a new modem/router from Comcast Model DPC3941 problem connecting to an app.

Try the next lower security setting in the gateway's firewall. Their normal default setting is typically known as being *overkill*.

Regular Visitor

I have a new modem/router from Comcast Model DPC3941 problem connecting to an app.

I just got a modem router from comcast and my problem is when on my TV I try to connect to my Amazon video app, it wont let me log-in. I get a message "Unexpected error occured during sign in.Please try again" Another problem is my Samsung Blueray player when I try to connect to the internet. MAC Address is checkd OK    IP Address, Subnet Mask,Gateway,DNS Server is checked  OK    Gateway Ping is checked OK   Internet Service check X [failed]    A message reads "The HTTP port is disabled.  Please check if the HTTP port is blocked like the internal firewall program"

I've checked all I know to check firewall is ok so I don't know what's wrong. [It all worked fine with my owned router I replaced ] Help please.

Samsung Blueray Player HTTP port is  disabled.jpg