Community Forum

I'd like to create multiple email addresses to send specific emails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: I'd like to create multiple email addresses to send specific emails

OK then within the Comcast world of email, and depending on how many different categories of sender you need to deal with-----------create secondary user email accounts. 

You can have up to 6 secondary accounts in addition to your Primary. Here are the instructions-------

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses/

Keep in mind that there are other email providers that support the use of aliases, which may suit your purposes better, like Mail.com.  Or Yahoo which lets you use disposable addresses.  You have options.

New Poster

Thank you for responding.  My reasoning is when I want emails to come to me of a certain type that is, "all craft related senders, or all buisness related senders then I given them different email addresses.

Expert

To send emails from a particular sender to a folder, you just need to create a filter.  If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Filters.  If you are on the new format, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings>>>>>Filter Rules.

As for the other question, can you clarify what it is you want to do?  Do you want to create other email accounts, or did you have using an alias in mind?  In Comcast you can have your primary email, plus 6 secondaries.  They are separate, each with their own user ID and password.  If you mean using an alias, Comcast does not have any provision for that.

New Poster

I'd like to create multiple email addresses to send specific emails

Hi I want to create two or more email addresses in my account. How do I do that?

How do I merge emails from the same sender to a specific folder?

Tags (1)