Community Forum

I can't find an email I just put in a new folder

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

I can't find an email I just put in a new folder

I opened a new folder under "My Folders" called "! 2018 Taxes".  I put a new email that I wanted to save into that folder.

Then I opened a new folder under the same name "! 2018 Taxes" under the "Inbox" heading.  Now I can't find the email.

The folder I made under "My Folders" is gone but the new folder under "Inbox" is there, but it is empty.

I searched for the file under the name of the sender, but the file isn't there either.

Any suggestions on how do I find my lost email file???

Expert

Re: I can't find an email I just put in a new folder

@david5 wrote:

I opened a new folder under "My Folders" called "! 2018 Taxes".  I put a new email that I wanted to save into that folder.

Then I opened a new folder under the same name "! 2018 Taxes" under the "Inbox" heading.  Now I can't find the email.

The folder I made under "My Folders" is gone but the new folder under "Inbox" is there, but it is empty.

I searched for the file under the name of the sender, but the file isn't there either.

Any suggestions on how do I find my lost email file???

Did you do a drag and drop to the new folder for the email? or did you use the Move icon?

Did you check other folders to see if the email is there?

Did you check Trash?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!