Community Forum

I XFINITY using your Gigabytes withiuut your knowlege????

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I XFINITY using your Gigabytes withiuut your knowlege????

I have been doing this experiment every day dring the month and I fond one patern. XFINITY is using 9 to 10 GIG while you are sleeping. You are encourage to do the following steps and verify if you get the same results.

BEFORE GOING TO BED

1 - Using the XFINITY Account app in your phone, verify and make a note of the GIGABYTES used

2 - UNPLUG Xfinity modem ( WARNING !!! you will loose the phone if subscribed)

3 - If you have one, turn off your router (if possible)

4 - go to bed

In the morning Go to XFINITY Account app and verify the usage. in my case, the usage is 9 to 10 GIG more than the usage noted before bed. This is significant given that 10 GIG * 30 days = 300 GIG. Remember that the XFINITY modem is UNPLUGED!!!!!. This is almost 30 percent of the terabyte they sell you and thus, if you are not a big user,  forcing you to go unlimited without need.

I will perform the same experiment durin the day when I am not at home.

I also encourage my friends to perform this task and check for results.

Please post your comments and resls from your tests. 

Expert

Re: I XFINITY using your Gigabytes withiuut your knowlege????

The usage meter isn't real-time. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thats about the amount of gigs they say i'm overusing. I could under stand 700 gigs, but 1000 or more? It's garbage, and a rip off. 

New Poster

Not according Xfinity technitians. The number you see on the XFINITY Account app HAS to be real because then:

XFINITY in broadcasting incorrect and misleading information

I verified my numbers with XFINITY support and the are correct.

The GIG shown in the app balances XFINITY number on their computer application

They would have a big problem with the billing if it is not real time.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

They say the number shown may not include data used in the last 24 hours, so testing data used over periods less than that don't necessarily mean anything.  A better test would be: turn everything off for at least 24 hours, check amount used, leave everything off for another 24 hours or more, check amount used.