Community Forum

How to change email address (due to name change)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: How to change email address (due to name change)

NancyBautista wrote:

Not for forums, or anything other than a legal married name change. On my account. Did you not read the question?

CCCarole did read and replied to the question you asked.  An email address is not the same as a name on an account.

If you used your name for an email address [yourname@comcast.net] and then you got married and want to change your email address to your married name [yourmarriedname@comcast.net] then you would follow CCCarole's advice and/or suggestion.  Understand, however, that ANY changes you make to your email address will affect your incoming email.  In other words, you basically will not receive any email under the new email address that you were recieving under the old email address.  You would have to notify everyone in your address book of your new email address.

Now, if you're the account holder and just wanting to change your name on your account [the thing that has your account number and bill and services, etc.] then you would need to go to your local office, or call Comcast [1-800-COMCAST].  You'll probably need to provide documentation of your name change.

If it's just the email address, I suggest not touching your current email address and creating a new email address to use.  This way you can avoid lost emails with important information until you get everything changed over.  Then follow CCCarole's advice about changing your new email address to your Primary address.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Not for forums, or anything other than a legal married name change. On my account. Did you not read the question?

Gold Problem Solver

Do you mean you want to change your Username?
Why not leave it as your Primary, and create a Secondary Username and use it?

To do:
Sign in with your Primary Username and password.

Click on My Account at the top of the page
Next click on the Users and Settings tab
Click on add a user
Window opens, fill in all information then cluck on Add a User.

This way your Primary username can be used for billing, etc. And you have another Username to use for email, shopping,etc.

If you still want to change your Primary tho, it is done in My Account as well.
Czc

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

How to change email address (due to name change)

I'm trying to change my email address due to legal name change. Do I have to just start an entirely new email account with Comcast? Does anyone know?

MImi