Community Forum

How to Delete and Add Folders in email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: How to Delete and Add Folders in email

Let me know if you need another image posted.  The one I put up a year ago has since been deleted from my account.

Contributor

Hi Latoque
I know I wrote quite a long time ago to attempt to find an answer to a problem regarding adding and deleting folders in email. Believe it or not, I am just getting around to reading your answer. Things have been crazy lately. Anyway I am going to try your answer right away and will get back to let you know if it worked or not.
Thanks
6Barnbarn
Expert

6Barnbarn wrote:

I have spent the past hour trying to get a straight answer on how to display the folders I have in email at the same time on the page. (you can do this in others such as gmail). Basically all I am trying to do is edit the folders, delete and add and move around.  I was given a set of directions that told me to go to my Comcast email account and click on "Edit" which is beside "Folders".  Then it tells me to go to the Add folder at the bottom of the page and click on it.  NONE OF THE ABOVE SHOW UP.  Please please can someone answer what should be a simple question?  Thanks.

At the top of the Folders column at the left of your screen, while looking at the Inbox, you should see either "Folders" or "Mailboxes", depending on which iteration of Xfinity Connect you have.  To the right of either of those words you should see a small folder icon with a + sign on it.  Click on that to create new folders.  Be careful where you put them, because if you place them as sub-folders of one of the default folders, it will be subject to the deletion schedule you have set for that folder.  Or try right-clicking on the word Folder or Mailbox.  Do you get a menu with New Folder as an option?  In the tool bar just above the message list, do you have a button that says "New"?  If so click on that to get the same options.

This is what mine looks like if I right-click on "Mailboxes"-------------

Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 7.29.22 AM.jpg

You can drag and drop folders you create to place them as a sub-folder under any other folder.  You can delete a folder by right-clicking on it and cliking on the delete option in that pop-up menu.

There is no other provision built into Comcast to let you change the display order of your folders.  HOWEVER-----there is a little trick that works in some webmail programs, including Comcast--------

You can  use numerical order if you don't want them alphabetical. Put a number as the first character in each folder name and they will display in that sequence-- ie: 1--2--3--4-- and so on. The first character seems to be the determining factor.  

Valued Contributor

How many folders do you have?

Contributor

How to Delete and Add Folders in email

I have spent the past hour trying to get a straight answer on how to display the folders I have in email at the same time on the page. (you can do this in others such as gmail). Basically all I am trying to do is edit the folders, delete and add and move around.  I was given a set of directions that told me to go to my Comcast email account and click on "Edit" which is beside "Folders".  Then it tells me to go to the Add folder at the bottom of the page and click on it.  NONE OF THE ABOVE SHOW UP.  Please please can someone answer what should be a simple question?  Thanks.

Tags (1)