Community Forum

How do I use 2 Wfi routers in the same Home network?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How do I use 2 Wfi routers in the same Home network?

Pri= Xfinity gateway model: DPC3941T DOCSIS 3.0 24x4 Wireless Residential Voice Gateway

IP 10.0.x.x

Sec= TrendNet model: TEW-811DRU

IP 192.168.x.x

Pri LAN port using Cat5 to Sec WAN port

Network worked fine before I signed up for X1 triple play (I had Internet / phone before) and I added Ceton 6 eth and comcast cable card TV... At 1st I used port 1 on Xfinity gateway for Ceton 6 eth, but it wouldn't work, so I used a port on Sec router, and it worked fine, but I lost Internet to Sec router...

Called Comcast and rep had me put Pri into "Bridge mode" and Internet returned to Sec, but NO Wifi on Pri (which has stronger signal)... I want Wifi on Pri, and wired LAN on Sec, why doesn't this work? My research says it should work fine...

Problem 2: No remote access to WOL to wake-up computers on wired LAN from Internet, wake-up works fine on Local network... Remote access works fine from Internet IF computer is already ON (I don't want to leave ON 24/7)... Just won't wake-up from sleep mode... Using "Team Viewer" software...

Thanks for any Help...