Community Forum

How can I increase my Wifi speed?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: How can I increase my Wifi speed?

You may want to consider upgrading to a router with more horsepower / faster processor / that does gigabit. That router only has 802.11 "N" capability. Get a router that does "802.11 "AC"

New Poster

How can I increase my Wifi speed?

Hi All.

Im having a difficult time figuring this out. I have a macbook pro. My modem is the Arris 6190. My router is the airport express. I have the performance pro package. If I connect the ethernet cable directly to my computer then I get download speeds up to 160 mbps.  When I use my wifi then I get around 50-60 mbps. How can I get this to be faster? I've tried the following: 1. changed channels on the 2.4ghz. 2. changed channels on the 5 ghz. 3. restarting modem a bunch of times. 4. restarted router a few times. 5. Restarted my computer a few times.  I'm just out of ideas at this point. Is this the max I can expect from wifi? BTW my router and modem are both about 8 feet from me and there is no wall between us. Thank you in advance for any advice.