Community Forum

Home wifi Login Issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Home wifi Login Issue

Trying to login into home wifi using my iphone - says incorrect password. I am using correct password. All my other devices are working fine. It used to work fine on this phone also but I had to reset phone, but Xfinity public wifi/hotspot continues to work fine (had to do nothing after phone reset).

Tried the usual trouble shooting - resetting router (power down), forget network on phone, rebooting iphone, etc - nothing works.

How do I fix this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Home wifi Login Issue

SamT1 wrote:

Trying to login into home wifi using my iphone - says incorrect password. I am using correct password. All my other devices are working fine. It used to work fine on this phone also but I had to reset phone, but Xfinity public wifi/hotspot continues to work fine (had to do nothing after phone reset).

Tried the usual trouble shooting - resetting router (power down), forget network on phone, rebooting iphone, etc - nothing works.

How do I fix this?

Random thought; maybe a case-sensitive issue?  Check your passphrase on My Account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

SamT1 wrote:

I am using correct password. All my other devices are working fine. ?

Are you inputting the exact same password that is being used on the devices that do connect ?

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

All my other devices are (were) alreday connected - they continue to work fine. So I would conclude the password did not (magically) change - I would think that should be the wifi behavior.

Because I had to reset the phone I have to (re)enter the password and it does not work.

Something similar happened a few months ago - so the only solution was to change the password itself. This is cumbersome solution- as it needs resetting passwords on all devices - have many people and many devices- too much of a pain.

Silver Problem Solver

Next time if this happens, try stopping all apps (swipe up) power off/on iPhone and then try connecting to the SSID you want.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have tried all this did not work. Somehow surviving (barely) on xfinity hotspot wifi.