Community Forum

High Latency; Same time daily

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

High Latency; Same time daily

I have been communicating with a Line Supervisor (edit: Tech Supervisor) recently, he has been working on the issue.  I'm posting to ask that if I am getting 300+ms ping spikes every night, between 8-11pm est, could our little neighborhood be at capacity on the node?  Do external amps cause these issues during peak times?  Lots of variables, but it seems to me that this is a capacity issue. Currently week 6 and I'm losing my patience.

https://share.pingplotter.com/QjoQ8WqDBw1

Expert

Re: High Latency; Same time daily

You've already had a tech out?

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I've had 3 tech visits.  I've replaced my leased TG1682G gateway (puma chipset;latency issues) with a SB8200

New drop to the tap.

All fittings and splitters are good/terminated

Tech supervisor is suggesting that it's ingress from other users in area.  His crews have been filtering problematic homes and flagging doorknobs.  This has helped in overall latency, but it hasn't improved the main issue in the evenings.

EDIT: Sorry, OP said "line supervisor".  Have been in communication with a Tech Supervisor

Expert

I figured as much. Probably no sense in doing basic troubleshooting. We can get a corporate employee to look over your account and node health. They will be able to follow up with your local tech supervisor to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I've asked a Comcast corporate employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  My contact has been helpful, but I think capacity is the issue here.

Expert

@SoggyTacos wrote:

Thank you.  My contact has been helpful, but I think capacity is the issue here.

That's why I mentioned node health - they can check the level of utilization. They can also see if other customers around you are experiencing similar issues. If there are capacity issues, they will be able to see that and start the process of adding another node to your neighborhood. 

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Cool.  May I ask if the node health has diagnostic data?  To see the times that the problems occur, or is it just in real time?  Thanks for your replies.

Expert

Yes, they can see historical data.  It's been a few years since I was employed by Comcast, so I'm not privy to the exact tools they are using right now, but more than likely they can parse the data about 100 different ways. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hey SoggyTacos, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd b more than happy to check the health of the node in your area. Can you start by sending a private message with your first and last name account number or phone number associated with your services? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've sent a private message.  Can some Comcast employee help me?  

Frequent Visitor

Wasn't home last night, but I had pingplotter running.

Here it is again.  8pm, like clockwork

https://share.pingplotter.com/Xb8di8v9hw1

Official Employee

Hi SoggyTacos, 

Sorry for the delay. I was out of the office by the time you replied. I just grabbed your private message and will be replying with my findings shortly.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!