Community Forum

Had dell pc now trying to connect iMac

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Had dell pc now trying to connect iMac

Reset arris modem and router, still can't connect to intent
New Poster

Re: Had dell pc now trying to connect iMac

*internet
Silver Problem Solver

Turn off modem, router, and computer. If modem has a recessed reset button, push it. If it has a battery, take it out for a few minutes.

Now turn on the modem and let it settle on a signal. Then turn on the router and let it settle on a signal. Then turn on the computer, let it settle, and try to connect.

If that doesn't work, report back here. Someone else will help you.

Do not try to install any Comcast software on your Mac. It isn't needed.

Expert

@BethKatz wrote:

If modem has a recessed reset button, push it. If it has a battery, take it out for a few minutes.

WIW, and not to muddy anything here, but an eMTA indeed has a recessed reset button. If it is used there really is no need to also remove the battery. That's what the button is for. It essentially disconnects the battery momentarily so the the modem can properly powercycle. The only time a battery really needs to be removed is if there is a hardware malfunction with the button. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Good to know. Thanks, EG. 

I suppose I should move this post over to Connections. (moved from Help Forum Suggestions)