Community Forum

Group email containing a bad address..

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Group email containing a bad address..

You only need to look at the addresses in the particular group you are trying to send to.  But that's the only way you're going to get it sorted out.

New Poster

This did not help me at all.  I still get an error message when one address is wrong, and none of them are delivered.  I cannot go through all my addresses and guess which one is incorrect, so none of my emails get delivered.  This is very frustrating!

Frequent Visitor

Explanation good... my question is answered. Many thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

pehuckel wrote:

If I send an email to a group of 30 names and one is bad, will the other 29 be sent or do I have to find the correction to the bad address before any email will be sent?

It depends on what the problem is, and what email client you're using. If the problem is an invalid email domain or an invalid Comcast address the Comcast server will refuse the email address. Webmail, and most email clients, will quit at that point and none of the emails will be sent. You'll immediately see a message box saying that the server refused the email. If it's about an invalid username at a valid email domain the Comcast server will accept the email and try to deliver to all the addresses. You'll get a bounce email telling you about the delivery problem in that case, but the other emails will be delivered.

Frequent Visitor

I used a good email (myself) in the To. I used a 3 address group in a Bcc. I just heard from one person who did get the message. I got it because it was sent to myself. I did get the bad one rejected. It seems to work just like Outlook.

Expert

I have to stand corrected about the webmail----I just tried it and the message didn't send because I put a fake email address in the To: line along with several good ones.  So if you're getting it kicked back it's because of Comcast, not necessarily Outlook or Thunderbird.

Frequent Visitor

I haven't used thunderbird in a number of years. It may have been fixed by this time. I just tried the test group thing... I did get the bad address message back. I got the message to myself back. Now I am waiting for the valid two users to answer the email for the final test result.

I do like Outlook ease and format but not for the big bucks they want for the software. I can use Open Office Suite on a new machine and stick with comcast email package.

Again, thanks.

Expert

OK I had assumed yo were using only the Xfinity webmail portal.  I also use Thunderbird and I don't think I've ever had that happen.  It's been a while since I last sent out a large group message though.

Frequent Visitor

Sounds good. I have been using Outlook 2003 and it sends all good ones and rejects bad ones. Last time I used Thunderbird, it rejected all until I fixed the bad one that came back to me. That is very annoying. Many thanks, will do the 2-3 address test...

Expert

The other 29 should get their email notwithstanding the one invalid one.  It's easy enough to check.  Go ahead and send it and then call one or two of the recipients.  That or just include one of your own addresses and see if you get it.  You should get a bounce message from the one bad one.

Frequent Visitor

Group email containing a bad address..

If I send an email to a group of 30 names and one is bad, will the other 29 be sent or do I have to find the correction to the bad address before any email will be sent?