Community Forum

Goodbye Xfinity internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Goodbye Xfinity internet

I really like the 250MEG high speed Xfinity internet...when it's working. I pay $111.57 a month and it is only working 4 hours a day. I had a tech come out and he said the line from Xfinity's main office to my house was the problem. It is in terrible condition and constant disconnects can be expected. He put in a work order, but told me it would be a long time before they fix it. This was last Thursday.

Today I called Comcast/Xfinity and tried to "cut a deal" with them. I can live with 4 hours a day internet if they can cut my bill in half. And that is being VERY generous on my part. Here's the thing...Comcast/Xfinity can't or won't "make deals". All they have are set packages. Pay that or get lost. Lowest "package" they could give me was only $5 less than what I am paying. Gotta be joking. So I told them just pull the plug on my internet service. And they didn't seem to care one bit. The lady was more than happy to disconnect me today. I said do it. It's really a shame that Comcast/Xfinity is so locked into these package deals. I would think getting $55 from me each month until that outside cable is fixed would be worth doing. But it seems not. Heck of a way to run a business.

BTW...this situation didn't start until I got the "upgraded" modem Xfinity sent out (ARRIS Group, Inc. TG1682G). My previous modem was rock solid and I never had one disconnect. The tech said the new modems are much more sensitive to signal quality. I'd sell my left arm to get back that old modem. Smiley Sad

Expert

Re: Goodbye Xfinity internet

Sounds like your "tech" needs some further training. If you would like help getting your internet fixed....

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

If you are done and already canceled...sorry we couldn't help you Smiley Sad

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

My tech new exactly what he was talking about. I have talked to other former customers in my area and they have the same situation. Bad cable from underground damage causes constant disconnects. They all "pulled the plug" on Xfinity internet service too, and have been told the same thing... "Good luck ever getting it repaired".  So now I am stuck with reliable but slow DSL service from CenturyLink. But it's better than no service at all from Xfinity.

Expert

@Deputy276 wrote:

My tech new exactly what he was talking about. I have talked to other former customers in my area and they have the same situation. Bad cable from underground damage causes constant disconnects. They all "pulled the plug" on Xfinity internet service too, and have been told the same thing... "Good luck ever getting it repaired".  So now I am stuck with reliable but slow DSL service from CenturyLink. But it's better than no service at all from Xfinity.

We're sorry to see you go and it's unfortunate we didn't get a chance to help you out, but as this is a support forum, and the matter has been rendered moot by service cancellation, this topic is now closed. 

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!