Community Forum

Gigabit Internet Speed Issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Gigabit Internet Speed Issues

Okay so I got my Gig service hooked up for the first time in November. I had a million speed issues only 200-300 in speed. New modems the Arris SB8200 and them Netgear CM1000(Fastest Doscis 3.1 easy) and 16 Technicans later the problem was fix. They replaced the connector at the tap he said it was loose the part they cut themselves and the metal piece they twist on was loose. Internet speed went from 300 to 700 really quick. You just have to tell them. Also make them cut you in ER1 ticket.
Frequent Visitor

Replace the XB6..

Its going to cost you though...
Surfboard SB 8200 with broadcom chipset + a router..

I had a ton of issues with skype for bussiness, replaced my equipment and now evrything is working great.

Contributor

still waiting to hear from a comcast rep please. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Techguy...They stated that their ping was o/k ??......

Contributor

wanted to add that the xb6-T is made by Technicolor..the xb6-A is made by Arris with the Intel  Puma 7  chip which is the one with all the issues and the one i have

Contributor

ok, i got the xb6 modem from comcast..i use nothing but ethernet with my computers, only thing i use wifi for is for my moms tv...

how is my ping high 0-14? my pings used to be always around 30's

yes my computer can handel the GIG speeds....

this is the thing im getting slower speeds now vs the 200mbps plan i had before the upgrade which i always got 200+mbps down and 10up...if anything my speeds should of went up or stayed the same not get slower...soooo theres something definitely wrong with the connection...

i have the xb6-A and i read that theres ALOT of issues with this model, when i went to replace the modem i ask for a different model and they said all they had was the xb6-A so i want to swap my xb6-A with the xb6-T model  and this is my request for the xb6-T

i dont understand why comcast gives out the xb6-A when they know it has tons of issues

i really need a comcast rep to answer this thread please and help me with a new modem and get this speed fix. 

Expert

On top of it is hardwired or not, does your computer meet these requirements?

XFINITY Internet Minimum System Requirements - For Speeds up to 1 Gbps

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64 bit) or newer or Mac OSX 10.8 or newer

Browser:
Mac OSX Browsers: Safari 6.2.8 or newer or Firefox 40.0.3 or newer or Chrome 44.0.2403 or newer
Windows Browsers: IE 11 or newer; MS Edge browser (Windows 10); Firefox 40.0.3 or newer; Chrome 44.0.2403 or newer

Ethernet Cable: You can use a Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable to facilitate your wired connection.

Note: Due to Ethernet overhead, actual download speeds are limited to 940 Mbps over a hardwired connection.

Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet interface or adapter for wired connection

CPU/Processor: Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz or better or AMD Dual Core K10 2.5GHz or better

Hard Drive / Space: SSD recommended to achieve maximum download speeds 64 GB or larger

The OP did not mention any ping values other than saying it is ok.
Valued Contributor

In my opinion, the ping is quite high. How do you currently have your network setup and what devices are you using to run the speed test? Are you running the speed test via a computer hardlined into the cable modem? 

Contributor

Gigabit Internet Speed Issues

i just got the GIg service last week but been having speed issues...with the new plan my download will kinda bounce around 100-180mbps the ping and upload is fine...on my old 200mbps plan i always hit 200+mbps down and 10mbps upload..

i had a tech come out and he tested the modem and said that i was getting speeds from 800-900mbps but my computer shows much slower..i swap out the modem a day before the tech came out just in case it was a modem issue but that didnt work, the tech just check the modem and left....i dont know what to do i wanna get this speed fix and keep the plan...its not my pc, think comcast didnt do something right...any one can help please???