Community Forum

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

When I go onto 10.0.0.1 to port forward, it tells me I have to go to XFINITY xFI to do that, and when I go to xfinity xFI it shows this

https://gyazo.com/f7f033cf230825cc1e565c7552114a29

I am connected to the internet and I am right here.

Silver Problem Solver

What happens when you use a new browser window to go here?

https://internet.xfinity.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Same problem, also, I have been experiencing pretty slow internet lately, but I can play 4K vids on YouTube with no buffering and my internet speed as above normal like usual so I don't know why it takes forever to load a page like this one.

Silver Problem Solver

tguz646 wrote:

Same problem, also, I have been experiencing pretty slow internet lately, but I can play 4K vids on YouTube with no buffering and my internet speed as above normal like usual so I don't know why it takes forever to load a page like this one.

Can you try a different browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have the exact same issue with xFI. I have tried several browsers and the mobile app and all have the same problem. I had to call comcast yesterday to have them configure port forwarding for me because the modem screens for port forwarding redirects to xFI. The comcast person said xFI is "down". I'm not sure if it's down for everyone, or just new customers. Steps are:

1. Go to https://internet.xfinity.com/

2. Either get

a) "You're Currently Offline" screen (same as original post on this thread)

b) "You do not have the latest equipement" screen.

3. If 2.b appears, it has an "Upgrade" link/button. If clicked, it says "You have the Latest Equipement..." with two options "Browse Offers" and "Shop New Equipement". Neither option leads to xFI. So I go back to step #1 and do the endless loop Smiley Sad

Note: I have the same problem from the mobile app and by lauching the xFI option from within the customer.xfinity.com site (which is just a link to the URL in step #1).

Official Employee

Hi tguz646, are you still experiecing this issue with accessing xFi? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Yes, exactly as described in my post as of Nov 20, 2017 at 1:58 p.m. PST.

Official Employee

cmcbride, I will get this escalated for resolution. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Thanks! I received a call from a support person (Zac) and he was able to get xFI working by making some changes on his end. The port forwarding information is not syncing up between modem and xFI, but otherwise the xFI app seems to be working.