Community Forum

Gateway in Bridge Mode blocks internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Gateway in Bridge Mode blocks internet

When will Xfinity correct the issues with their XB gateways in Bridge mode? I have read all the posts and still cannot find a solution. I too can not access the Internet when my gateway is in Bridge mode and have my ASUS router connected to it via port 1.
Expert

Re: Gateway in Bridge Mode blocks internet

For curiosity, have you powercycled the XB3 after placing it in to bridge mode. Then powercycling the router ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@emorales462 wrote:
When will Xfinity correct the issues with their XB gateways in Bridge mode? I have read all the posts and still cannot find a solution. I too can not access the Internet when my gateway is in Bridge mode and have my ASUS router connected to it via port 1.

My Arris XB3 works fine in bridge mode; Internet is not blocked on any of my wired and wireless devices, of which I have more than I have counted.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

I'd give 'em a powercycle to see if that fixes your issue. See the troubleshooting guide for the exact procedure. 

I am not an employee.
Expert

@Nerdburg wrote:

I'd give 'em a powercycle to see if that fixes your issue. See the troubleshooting guide for the exact procedure. 

Darn echoes.....

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.