Community Forum

Gateway Network Security Key

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Gateway Network Security Key

I have a new service with Xfinity and the Gateway Modem/router.  When I try to connect my printer or other devices, it asks for the Network Security Key?  I have troed every number and combination on the Router, but it will NOT accept any of them??  Does anyone know where to find this??

Thanks

Expert

Re: Gateway Network Security Key

The Network Security Key is just your WiFi password.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

If it hasn't been changed from its default value, yes it is on the label on the bottom, back, or the side. It may be called the "Password" or the "Network Key" on that label. Are you typing it in exactly ? CAPS or no caps makes a difference.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes, I have typed it exactly as written! None of these work!
New Poster

Tried that and it still won’t let me open!?
Contributor

Before troubleshooting gets too exotic, you need to go be sure the router is set to defaults. If someone used the unit before you they may have changed the password.There is a recessed button on back of the unit, hold it down for 10 to 15 seconds, release and let the unit reboot. Try your connection after this.

Official Employee

To double check exactly what your network settings are, go to your X1 DVR, press A on your remote and go to WiFi or use Voice Commands and say WiFi.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.