Community Forum

Fix for "Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out..." looping message banner.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Fix for "Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out..." looping message

Thanks.  I just did as you suggested.  Fingers crossed.  

New Poster

helpful... i usually clear my cookies when i have this problem so this a good alternative.

Regular Visitor

Reverie: I am now using a PC and a Mac. No problem on the Mac. On the PC (Windows 8.1; Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m), after a month of untroubled use, I today am getting the "timed out" message.

I tried your suggestion but do not see a Cookies section in Chrome advanced settings. Probably a change since your post in September 2013. Do you have a new suggestion? Thanks.

I didn't follow your instructions correctly. Now I am deleting Comcast cookies. Stand by ... Success!!

Reverie, you are my hero.

Frequent Visitor

Glad to hear somebody got something out of it. Makes it all worth it! ;-)

New Poster

Fantastic info.  

I have been having this issue for over a week.  

Email worked on other browsers and other computers.

I tried clearing cookies but it didn't work.  

I liked the details of your instructions.

Frequent Visitor

Fix for "Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out..." looping message banner.

There are 20 threads and hundreds, if not thousands of messages on this board on this topic and I haven't seen much in the way of a good solution beyond "clear your browser cache / cookies".

Not everybody wants to blindly clear all the information stored by their browsers for fear of losing data that they won't remember when prompted.

You can use another browser (until the problem begins in THAT one, too) or a third-party mail client or POP service, or you can try this:

1) Install the Chrome browser, if you don't have it already ;-) or adapt these instructions to your browser.

2) Under "Settings", hit "Show advanced settings".

3) Under "Privacy", hit "Content Settings".

4) Under "Cookies", hit "All cookies and site data". Wait. It might take a minute to refresh the data.

5) Type "Comcast" in the search box.

6) Hit "Remove all".

7) Back out, close the tab. Voila!

Note that you MAY lose some information relating to your Comcast pages, but it won't globally wipe all page data on other websites. This is a small price to pay, considering the lack of precise technical support from that company that cashes your check every month.

Anyway, good luck.

-Bill-