Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Are you certain it is FTTC ? This is the first that I have heard of Comcast implementing this. Typically only Telcos have this type of infrastucture.
1. I have Comcast Fiber to the curb at my new residence.
2. Home has Cable inside but never been Comcast (ATT/Dish, Charter, etc.)
3. There is no Fiber from the Curb to the House....
4. Comcast has installed Cable from the Curb to the House
5. I have no real benefit of Fiber..
Question: Why can't Comcast install (FTTH) and Demarc into a Wireless Router there? If I had FTTH to a Wireless Router it seems it would be much better and even my UHD TV would get a better signal, rather than Demarc'ing at the installed Cable Termination Box outside (which was used by ATT and Charter) and then depending on the inside cabeling?