Community Forum

Faster Modem??? Better WiFI

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Faster Modem??? Better WiFI

Is there a faster Modem with better WiFi that is compatable with Xfinity Home besides the one we are leasing? Cisco DPC3941T

I would not have to use a additional router to broadcast the WiFi for streaming 4K ?

Options??

Regular Contributor

Re: Faster Modem??? Better WiFI

https://pickmymodem.com/approved-modems-for-xfinity-internet-service/

As to the better WIFI you're better off going away from a combined gateway and getting a better router for WIFI.  

New Poster

SVG2482AC Arris Surfboard is the modem I was looking, Ill check the link you posted. 

Thank you!!

Authorized Vendor

@ wrote:

https://pickmymodem.com/approved-modems-for-xfinity-internet-service/

As to the better WIFI you're better off going away from a combined gateway and getting a better router for WIFI.  

I wouldnt point people outside of a xfinity\comcast site due to the fact you dont know how much it is updated or if it is updated..  The https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ site is updated when a new modem gets approved\new servcies are added or when a device is EOL..  So it should always be up-2-date..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Authorized Vendor

@ wrote:

Is there a faster Modem with better WiFi that is compatable with Xfinity Home besides the one we are leasing? Cisco DPC3941T

I would not have to use a additional router to broadcast the WiFi for streaming 4K ?

Options??

Do you have Xfinity Home as well?  The automation?

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Expert

@ wrote:

SVG2482AC Arris Surfboard is the modem I was looking, Ill check the link you posted. 

Thank you!!

FYI - that modem is known to have the badly flawed Intel Puma 6 chipset. 

https://www.dslreports.com/hardware/ARRIS-SVG2482AC-h4552

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes I do have Xfinity Home

New Poster

Ugh, ok thank you! 

What would you recommend? I want fastest possible $300 max

Expert

wrote:

An FYI. If you use a retail router / gateway device instead of a Comcast supplied XB3 or XB6 device, Comcast's additional sidecar security router would need to be tech installed to be compatible with their Xfinity home security system.....

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Silver Problem Solver

wrote:

wrote:

An FYI. If you use a retail router / gateway device instead of a Comcast supplied XB3 or XB6 device, Comcast's additional sidecar security router would need to be tech installed to be compatible with their Xfinity home security system.....

And another FYI:  installing the sidecar was a no-charge installation for me as an Xfinity Home customer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.