Community Forum

Facebook, Google, Gmail and youtube all load very slow

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Facebook, Google, Gmail and youtube all load very slow

I am having the same problems and nothing seems to work. I think it is a clogged internet because it seems to happen at peak times of high usage. Has anyone else noticed this?

New Poster

I am having the very same problem. Started a few days ago after I had a very slow connection (about 0.06Mb/s). The connection was resolved (and is now around 30Mb/s) but comcast site, google, gmail, facebook are very slow and youtube is nearly impossible to watch (and I use those all the time). Other websites, including movie streaming, online gaming and google earth, work fast. I have Vista and would appreciate help.

New Poster

Can you please list the things you tried?  I'm having the exact same problem with these same sites; it started about 6 weeks ago.  Other sites are blazing fast.  I can watch anything on Vimeo, but YouTube won't load at all.  I signed up for Comast Signature Support last weekend.  One of their tech guys poked around for about 45 minutes and told me that my registry was bad and that I had to re-install Windows, which seems kinda extreme.  If you remember which things you tried, I'll do them, too!

New Poster

I did'nt install the toolbar. But the problem cleared up  I'm not shure exactly what i did i tried all kinds of pc maintence and programs  not shure which one worked but one of them did. Thanks for the help.

New Poster

I have 2 questions for you:

1) Are you running Windows 7?

2) Did you recently install the Comcast Toolbar?

If your reply is Yes to both questions, the immediate solution is to un-install the Comcast Toolbar and never install it again. Your Browser will once again run at top speed.

I had the same problem about 2 years ago and after un-installing the Toolbar the problem was solved.

( There are incompatibility issues between Windows 7 and the Comcast Toolbar ).

Hope this helps you.

New Poster

just ran a defrag yesterday, and I've shut off alot of background programs. Thanks . Still having all kinds of problems and now other sites are starting to slow.

Expert

Just a long shot but-----when is the last time you did a complete de-frag on your machine?  Do you have a lot of stuff running in the background?

New Poster

Facebook, Google, Gmail and youtube all load very slow

Trying to make a long story short. I switched to comcast about a month ago form AT&T DSL my tv and Phone work fine, i've been having issues however with my internet. At first I was kind of busy and really did'nt notice them. Most of my pages load fast but I've noticed some of the ones i frequent take forever to load or dont load at all these include facebook, Gmail, Youtube and Google search. first i thought it was something with my laptop  did a bunch of scans/ tests cleared cookies and the cache downloaded a second browser in fire fox  nothing seems to work. I've ran several speed tests the latest results here http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/300797142.png  i did get an error message from gmail saying i had a slow connection. i'm not really computer savy so i'm not shure what to do here i know my parents run the same performance package I do and test around the same speed  but they can access those sites no problem.