Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Sometimes, my Win10 PC will have wifi turned on without warning and I have to manually change it back to ethernet.
1. It is directly connect via ethernet cable CAT 6.
2. Yes, I've always used multiple websites such as OOKLA on "speedtest.net" as well as "fast.com"
3. I have tried to turn my antivirus off and nothing has changed.
4. Yes, we've ran the test without any interruptions from outside sources or any applications and programs.
5. The speeds test slower on the app!
Thanks for the suggestions
1. Is it connected directly to the modem via Ethernet with a good known CAT 5e or better cable?
2. Have you used different speedtest methods other than https://speedtest.xfinity.com ?
3. Did you turn off antivirus or other security software while running the test?
4. Is your network quiet (ie no other programs connected online) while running the test?
5. Download the Ookla Speedtest App from the Microsoft Store and try that.
After around eight technician visits, one technician was finally able to demonstrate through his devices that he was getting around 900 down and 40 up... so it must be my device.
My laptop supports gigabit speeds but for some strange reason, I can't pin point why it is bottle necking at around 240 download speed and 40 up.
I would appreciate any suggestions and any help as I'm desperate to figure this out!
Modem : XB6
Network card : Realtek PCle GBE family controller
Speed and Deplux : Set at 1 Gbps full duplex
Laptop : ASUS GL502VT