Community Forum

Extremely slow gigabit download speeds...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Laptop supports 1 gbps speeds but it's bottle necking at 200 download speed... HELP!

Try booting to Safe Mode with Networking, then run the test again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

Re: Laptop supports 1 gbps speeds but it's bottle necking at 200 download speed... HELP!

Thank you for the suggestions. But that did not help the issues either.... 

Silver Problem Solver

Sometimes, my Win10 PC will have wifi turned on without warning and I have to manually change it back to ethernet.

https://www.ricksdailytips.com/change-connection-priority-in-windows-10/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

1. It is directly connect via ethernet cable CAT 6. 

2. Yes, I've always used multiple websites such as OOKLA on "speedtest.net" as well as "fast.com"

3. I have tried to turn my antivirus off and nothing has changed. 
4. Yes, we've ran the test without any interruptions from outside sources or any applications and programs. 

5. The speeds test slower on the app! Smiley Sad 

Thanks for the suggestions

Expert

1. Is it connected directly to the modem via Ethernet with a good known CAT 5e or better cable?

2. Have you used different speedtest methods other than https://speedtest.xfinity.com ?

3. Did you turn off antivirus or other security software while running the test?

4. Is your network quiet (ie no other programs connected online) while running the test?

5. Download the Ookla Speedtest App from the Microsoft Store and try that. 

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

Extremely slow gigabit download speeds...

After around eight technician visits, one technician was finally able to demonstrate through his devices that he was getting around 900 down and 40 up... so it must be my device. 

My laptop supports gigabit speeds but for some strange reason, I can't pin point why it is bottle necking at around 240 download speed and 40 up. 

I would appreciate any suggestions and any help as I'm desperate to figure this out!

Modem : XB6

Network card : Realtek PCle GBE family controller

Speed and Deplux : Set at 1 Gbps full duplex

Laptop : ASUS GL502VT