Community Forum

Extreme Pro 400 slower than Blast Pro 250?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Extreme Pro 400 slower than Blast Pro 250?

I recently upgraded from Blast Pro 250 to Extreme Pro 400. This required a gateway change from XB3 to XB6-T. All set up fine, ran a speed test with a new laptop hard wired to the modem and averaged 100 Mbps down and 12 mbps up. With blast pro I averaged 225 or so.

I checked the My Account app and under Internet, instead of showing the speed tier is just said "Internet".

So.. Called tech support and spent, at last count, about 6 hours rebooting, resetting, running speed tests, all over and over again when a supposedly higher level tech took over.

finally I was sent to a top level tech that asked if I had connection. I answered yes, and he said it was all fixed and would I give him a good rating in the survey. I told him it was still slow and he said that wasn't his problem! 

I prefer not to have a technician come here. The next technician I will let on my property will be from AT&T. I'm at that point with Comcast. I'm hoping someone else has been able to resolve this type of situation.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Extreme Pro 400 slower than Blast Pro 250?

Issue resolved for the time being.

I went to the xfinity store to drop off the XB3 gateway I replaced. Discussed my issue with the salesperson with the idea of downgrading service to the levels that Comcast was capable of delivering. He quickly found the problem when he reviewed my account. 

It seems that billing data reflected the Extreme Pro 400, but it was not listed in my service profile somehow. He corrected that and, within seconds, all was fixed! Who knew that technical support could not figure that out?

I'm beyond frustrated with the level of customer service I've experienced over the past 25 years I've been a Comcast subscriber. Most of that time there was no alternative, but now AT&T has moved into this area with fiber to the home (Houston).