Community Forum

Error: This site can’t be reached The connection was reset.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Error: This site can’t be reached The connection was reset.

I keep getting this error on 3 sites that I have hosted on Network Solutions. Network Solutions assures me that it's not a problem on their end. I can't get into the pages on any browser, but all other sites seem to be working fine. It also won't connect on my phone which uses my XFinity home wi-fi. My daughter also hasXFinityt in a nearby county and can access the site. She can also see it on her AT&T phone.

I have reset the modem, turned everthing off and on, flushed my caches, changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4.

What can be wrong?

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Expert

Re: Error: This site can’t be reached The connection was reset.

Perhaps traces to those sites will reveal something.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

How do you do a trace to a site?

Expert

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/run-traceroute-command/

https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog47/presentations/Sunday/RAS_Traceroute_N47_Sun.pdf

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

What ended up helping me was to swap my modem for a new one at the Xfinity store. My own ip address was being blocked by my modem and no one could permanently remove the blockage.  The new modem had no such blockage and has worked perfectly, solving the problem.