Community Forum

Emails problems with internet exploer 11 browser

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Emails problems with internet exploer 11 browser

That is the answer I got from my IT guy at work.  I went home and did it and I got intpo my email.  Later that evening I attempted to login to comcast email again and I got the blank page.  Not knowing whagt to do I went back and checked the compatabilty vire settings and it had not reverted back, so I don;t know why the problem has reverted back,  What letdown it was to finally get into my email with internet explorer and then find out the solution was so fleetingly temporary.

My IT giuy says to downlaod and use Firefox instead.

Gold Problem Solver

In Internet a Explorer you must have compatibility view enabled. To do: click on TOOLS, then click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Gold Problem Solver

In Internet Explorer, click on TOOLS, then click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS. Compatibility view is required for both Version 10 and Version 11.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

All I get is a blank page when I select Email on the main page.  I tried adding comcast.net to the compatability view settings but that did not fix the problem. What else can I try.  Google and Safari browsers work but not IE11.  I called Comcast last summer when this first came up and then had me change settings and nothing worked.  I can use the IE on our server at work but not this one on my home computer.  What can I do, shall I unistall IE and then download another one- hate to do so and lose all my favorites but what else can I do.

New Poster

The fix you posted fixed my computer!  Thank you  dinahba1!!  I was having the same issues for the past couple days.

Regular Visitor

I continued searching on this topic and found the solution.  On Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7 in this case), go to the Tools button (the little gear in the upper right corner of your screen), select "Compatibility View settings", type "Comcast.net" into the "Add this website" input box and click on Add.  I also clicked on the check box at the bottom to Use Microsoft Compatibility lists.  Then click on Close. The site should come up for you then.

Problem Solver

Have you cleared cache and cookieson you IE11?  You might also want to vverify you have set compatibility mode.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem and it's very frustrating.  I can't believe nobody else (particularly from Comcast) has replied with a solution or at least an explanation for this.  My solution in the meantime has been to use Google Chrome for Comcast mail and it works great - download Chrome if you don't already have it and try that.

And while we're complaining about Comcast, I can't believe we can't expand/contract the width of the left-hand window showing our folders (or at least I can't).  If anyone has a solution to that, I'd love to hear it.

Regular Visitor

Emails problems with internet exploer 11 browser

Using internet explorer 11 as browser to log into my Email account, only can read emails.   I can not open any sent, trash, personal folder etc., Also I am not able to send, forward or reply Email.

When click reply, the content is whole bunch of letters and symbols. Please help fix.    I am able to go to another computer with internet explorer 8 to send Emails.    Is it the  new version of internet explorer 11 causing this problems?   Please help!