Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Email

I keep getting a message saying need new server password. I entered a new one and even my old one and they've all failed. I had no problem with my email earlier. Help please!

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Email

OK without being able to see what you are looking at, delete the account from the phone and re-create it from scratch.  See if that changes anything.

All Replies
Expert

Where is this message originating from?  Are you on a computer using the webmail UI, or on a phone or tablet?

Regular Visitor

I'm on my phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy s4
Expert

Where is the message coming from-------Comcast, or the mail app on the phone, or what?  Exactly what does it say?

Regular Visitor

I guess it would be the email app. I click on that, it takes me to my inbox, and then the box pops up saying basically what I said in my first post. I appreciate your help!
Expert

OK without being able to see what you are looking at, delete the account from the phone and re-create it from scratch.  See if that changes anything.

Regular Visitor

It worked! I was terrified to do it, but it did the trick! I restarted my phone too and everything is back to normal. No more box popping up. Thanks sooo very much for all your help!