Community Forum

Email - receipt confirmation

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Email - receipt confirmation

scuba-dave wrote:

How do I send an email in comcast so that I get back an email that shows the recipent has received/open my email?

You can't with Xfinity Connect webmail.  You can, however, with most email clients.

Just an aside, even with a confirmation receipt not all recipients will acknowledge it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

How do I send an email in comcast so that I get back an email that shows the recipent has received/open my email?

Bronze Problem Solver

madylarian wrote:

Wellllllll..........

2)  Unfortunately there are some really nasty applications that bypass the mail client setting.

3)  Even more unfortunately, those apps are supposed to also work on web-based email as well.  However, they can be defeated.  The best (and safest) way is to open email in plain text only.  This blocks the web connection those apps need as no HTML is used.  Additionally, make sure whatever email client you use is configured to not allow any sort of app, script or application to run.  /me hugs my Pegasus, the email client known to be the most invulnerable to such things.

mady

I did say properly configured, now didn't I... Smiley Wink

TANSTAAFL!!

Bronze Problem Solver

CajunTek wrote:

Queen-Evie wrote:

Even when using an email client, there are several things to be aware of.

1) Some people won't respond to a read receipt request.  Yep that's me, except in a few rare cases

2) Read receipts are only visible when the receipient uses an email client. And with many email clients can be set to never show the request and never send a response

3) Which means that you can use an email client, request a receipt, but if the recipient uses a web based mail, or has a properly configured email client they will not get the request or they will not respond. 

Fixed it for ya.... Smiley Wink

Wellllllll..........

2)  Unfortunately there are some really nasty applications that bypass the mail client setting.

3)  Even more unfortunately, those apps are supposed to also work on web-based email as well.  However, they can be defeated.  The best (and safest) way is to open email in plain text only.  This blocks the web connection those apps need as no HTML is used.  Additionally, make sure whatever email client you use is configured to not allow any sort of app, script or application to run.  /me hugs my Pegasus, the email client known to be the most invulnerable to such things.

mady

Gold Problem Solver

Well thank you very much Cajun. I appreciate the fixin'.
Bronze Problem Solver

Queen-Evie wrote:

1) Some people won't respond to a read receipt request.  Yep that's me, except in a few rare cases

2) Read receipts are only visible when the receipient uses an email client. And with many email clients can be set to never show the request and never send a response

3) Which means that you can use an email client, request a receipt, but if the recipient uses a web based mail, or has a properly configured email client they will not get the request or they will not respond. 

Fixed it for ya.... Smiley Wink

TANSTAAFL!!

Gold Problem Solver

1) Some people won't respond to a read receipt request.

2) Read receipts are only visible when the receipient uses an email client.

3) Which means that you can use an email client, request a receipt, but if the recipient uses a web based mail, they will not get the request. 

Expert

dws300 wrote:

How do i send a email in comcast so that I get back a email that shows the recipent has received/open my email?  I know that you can do that in Outlook but I am not using that.  Can you do it in Comcast?

Thanks

That feature is not available in SmartZone.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Email - receipt confirmation

How do i send a email in comcast so that I get back a email that shows the recipent has received/open my email?  I know that you can do that in Outlook but I am not using that.  Can you do it in Comcast?

Thanks