Community Forum

Email folders....My Naming Conventions all changed overnight

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Email folders....My Naming Conventions all changed overnight

Much to my disappointment, all of my email folder naming conventions have vanished overnight. Now my emails are all helter-skelter, disorganized, in the left column. All mysterious. Trying to find my documents and folders is making me so mad now! I used to use the color schemes for folders, as a way to organize. Plus asterisks in doc titles, to arrange by priority. Those have all now vanished, and none of my docs make any sense. This is awful Customer Service. What happened? So now we have no choices, variety when naming/ labeling folders? What is this??

Expert

Re: Email folders....My Naming Conventions all changed overnight

@cwbcustomer wrote:

Much to my disappointment, all of my email folder naming conventions have vanished overnight. Now my emails are all helter-skelter, disorganized, in the left column. All mysterious. Trying to find my documents and folders is making me so mad now! I used to use the color schemes for folders, as a way to organize. Plus asterisks in doc titles, to arrange by priority. Those have all now vanished, and none of my docs make any sense. This is awful Customer Service. What happened? So now we have no choices, variety when naming/ labeling folders? What is this??

It sounds as though you have been migrated to the new webmail, Appsuite, from the old webmail, Zimbra.  [connect.xfinity.com/appsuite vs. connect.xfinity.com/zimbra].  As you've discovered, those conventions are not available in the new webmail.

Going forward, you might want to consider using a desktop email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!