Community Forum

Email filters

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Email filters

How do I use the "address in" filter option?   There seems to be NO info or tutorial how to use anything but From, To, etc. options. 

Expert

Re: Email filters

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.  The email address is not a feature------it's just a piece of information you can use in the To: or From:  fields when setting up a filter.  Or do you mean something else?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

When you set up email filter, there is a list of options:  From, To, BCC, Subject, Message, Header, etc, etc.   ONE of the options is labeled "Address in".   When you select it, then it shows four pull down menus starting with "Address in" , "From" "in" and "contacts", and each of these have various options, e.g.   "in" can be "in", "not in", etc.  

It looks like it would be useful but what each combination of the four menus actually does is confusing.

Expert

It took me a bit to figure it out, but I think the "In/Not in" refers to the "Contacts" to the right of it---if it's in your address book or not.  So that would be a condition in addition to the others.  It' another layer you could use if you wanted to.  But yeah, I have to agree, a tutorial on this stuff would be nice.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!