Community Forum

Email filter actions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email filter actions

sbacklund wrote: ... When use filters, it only gives the option of Redirect which sends the email to 1 different address, not leaving the email in the original Inbox or ability to send to other addresses.

Edit the filter and:

1. Under Actions, click Add Action, and select Keep.

2. Click Add Action again, and select Redirect To, and enter the second email address.

This works for me to keep the message in the Inbox while forwarding a copy of it to two other email addresses. The rule looks like:

XcFwdTo2a.png

Regular Visitor

I do use Outlook. You can do this in Outlook desktop, but if your computer is off, it won't process the rule. I travel a lot for extended periods, so this creates a problem.
Expert

There is no way to do what you are describing in the webmail UI.  You might be able to do it if you enable the account in a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook though.  I use Mac Mail and I can forward or redirect to more than one address with it.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Email filter actions

Ideally, I would like to send a copy of certain emails to 2 different email addresses.  Forward looks like it does all emails, which obviously doesn't work.  When use filters, it only gives the option of Redirect which sends the email to 1 different address, not leaving the email in the original Inbox or ability to send to other addresses. I have tried entering multiple email addresses in the Redirect filter action, separating different addresses by a comma and also a semicolon, but neither worked.

Tags (3)