Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Email Verification

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Email Verification

I frequently log in to my home Comcast email account from my computer at work.  Today when I tried to log in, I got a message that I needed to verify my identity.  The system asked my to enter another non-Comast email address for password recovery.  Then a second question came up to enter my mobile number and type in the verification code that the system would send out to access my account.  I don't have a cell phone.  How can I bypass this step?

Expert

Re: Email Verification

Can you sign into the account normally when not at work?

Regular Visitor

Yes, no problem.  The issue happens when I'm accessing the account from remote.  It the past when this screen came up, there was an option to skip it and go to your email.  This time it required the user to enter a code received on your mobile phone to access the email account.

Expert

I'll suggest that you call Comcast security and see if this is legitimate.  Something is going on with your work network maybe.  Comcast is suddenly not recognizing the computer at work when it was before.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329