Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Email Sent Folfer

New Poster

Email Sent Folfer

How do I stop mail from being saved to my Sent Folder? In the old format it was set in Preferences but that doesn't seem to me the case now.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Email Sent Folfer

You don't.  In the new format, all emails are kept indefinitely in all folders until you deliberately delete them.  The only exceptions are Spam and Trash.

All Replies
Expert

You don't.  In the new format, all emails are kept indefinitely in all folders until you deliberately delete them.  The only exceptions are Spam and Trash.

New Poster

Thank you. 

New Poster

The new email format has eliminated preferences, so there is no way to set up auto delete in either Spam or Trash. 

Expert

ctswain wrote:

The new email format has eliminated preferences, so there is no way to set up auto delete in either Spam or Trash. 

In the new format, on the Inbox page, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner near your name.  Then click on Settings.  The new format has no provision for setting deletion schedules though.  Spam is stored for 7 days or 2,000 messages, whichever comes first
Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first.  You cannot change those settings.