Community Forum

Email Groups

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Email Groups

Email Groups - Up until last week, I could enter the name of any of the groups I have into an email address and the group would show up.  Suddenly this week, that doesn't work.  Solutions?

Expert

Re: Email Groups

When you start typing the group name into the To: field, does it appear in the drop-down underneath?  If you click on the To: button next to the empty field does the group show in the address book?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Click on the icon (a person) on the right side next to the BCC option. You will see a different drop down box. Type you group name here and see if it works.

I was having the same problem, and that worked for me.

I left a more detailed answer with pictures on my original query called "group addresses not working". I hope this helps.

New Poster

No.  The groups don't show up in the drop down box.

New Poster

Yes, I saw that on your thread, used it and it does work.  Like you also said, it would have been nice (professional) had Comcast let us all know this - including their own techs.

New Poster

Oops - meant to say, "Thank you" to you.  Smiley Happy

Expert

@RevDavid1 wrote:

No.  The groups don't show up in the drop down box.

If you click on "To:" next to the empty field, does the group show up in the address book window?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!