Community Forum

Email Address Book

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Email Address Book

conniehhs1961 wrote:

I too am having the same problem!

Please post your own thread for your issue.  The one you are responding to here is almost two years out of date.  I'm closing it.

New Poster

I too am having the same problem!

New Poster

Tags (1)
New Poster

I had Comcast do a "slow sync" which resolved the problem but at the same time started using Outlook.com so i could down load automatically instead of having to log into Comcast every time I wanted to access my email.

Expert

bjj75 wrote:
-------------

What I want to know is why didn't they just do it for everyone and not cause all of this frustration?

My guess is that it's because only some people have had the problem.  Not everyone has had the same issues with the recent changes.  My address book still works just fine.  But for anyone with this problem, I'll suggest something:

Use a real email client like Windows Live Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird.  Doing so side-steps all of the ongoing issues with Comcast email.  You don't even have to look at their page if you don't want to, and they have their own address book built-into them.   There are a lot of other advantages to using a client vs webmail like Comcast.

New Poster

I did find the email address to write and request the "slow sync"   helpme@sv.comcast.com

This is going on over 24 hours per the email which I received in response.

The following is the reason why this is happening per Comcast, but I don't think we customers were ever notified of a change in Comcast's email. Other people on the forums were complaining of their saved signature not showing in the new "Compose" format, which pops up now if you go to your Address Book and ask to send an email. Hopefully, this "Slow Sync" will also solve that problem.

"The issue that you are experiencing is because the Email Tab and the Address Book tab are not synchronizing with each other. Your Email tab is recognizing Comcast’s old address book. So that we can sync both tabs, we need to perform a “Slow Sync”. "

What I want to know is why didn't they just do it for everyone and not cause all of this frustration?

Contributor

THAT is pretty incredible.  I just had a friend drop Comcast entirely because of a few issues, mostly email.

I defended them and then realized I was having the same problems.  Does anyone from Comcast monitor these boards or is it just an "I don't care" thing ?

I do not want to begin bashing the company, but it seems this is a pretty basic thing that is just being ignored based on this message board.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Forget about the address book issue. This problem has been going on for years and comcast knows about it but I don't think they will ever fix it. Use another webmail or email client and you are better of.

New Poster

There was a whole string of comments on the forum regarding this and an email address to write and ask for an "email Sync"(?). Now that I signed into the forums I can't find it. This is crazy. How long should it take for the old contacts to disappear and the new contacts appear when composing a new email?

Contributor

I am having the same problem !!!  Just to validate the first claim !!

New Poster

Email Address Book

I have imput a number of names and address in to my address book and when i click the address book link they all show up.  However, when i am composing an email and i click on the "to" link to select addressees to send the email none of the addresses in the address book show up.  How do i connect the address book names to the "to", "cc" and "bcc" link on a new email?