Community Forum

Electromagnetic interference

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Electromagnetic interference

I found that in coming coaxial cable into my house has about .5 ac amps on line. I had to put a filter on the line to put it at zero. But my speeds are fine and snr is good. But playing games not so much. Once I put the filter on it definitely is better but not that great. So is it normal for ac current on in coming line? I tested this all with a clamp on meter specifically made for this. All my signal levels is good and snr is good. But definitely seems like emi.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Electromagnetic interference

No. There should not be any stray voltage on the line. You should get a tech out to investigate the lines / grounding. You may need an electrician out to investigate your residence's electrical system / neutral. YMMV. Good luck !

Contributor

I did have a electrician out and it was all good and ground is right to electrical panel ground wire to ground rod
Diamond Problem Solver

O/k what would you like me to say ? Something is up. There should not be any stray voltage. I wasn't there. I wish you the best of luck with this ! 😊