Community Forum

E-mail not loading outside of Boston 6/29 2:30pm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

E-mail not loading outside of Boston 6/29 2:30pm

E-mail not loading, upon sign in.... re-directs to Xfinity home page. Over an over

Regular Visitor

Re: E-mail not loading outside of Boston 6/29 2:30pm

I have the exact same problem for the last 4 hours. unable to receive email or open inbox.

Silver Problem Solver

Same here, north of Boston.  Last successful email contact was 12:14pm EDT on Jun 29.  More than 2.5 hours now...

Silver Problem Solver

Looks like things are working again, as of 3:10pm EDT, connections to mail.comcast.net are successful.  However, I expected at least several messages and nothing showed so there might be some residual blockage or delay for message delivery.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ben345 wrote:

E-mail not loading, upon sign in.... re-directs to Xfinity home page. Over an over

Email is back in operation for me... partially and for the moment. I can send mail thru Comcast, and I have received 2 emails, but none of the three test messages I sent there earlier today from other email services.

Official Employee

Good morning, Ben345. We identified two, separate and unrelated fiber cuts to our network backbone providers. Our engineers worked to address the issue immediately and services are now being restored to business and residential internet, video, and voice customers. We again apologize to anyone who was impacted. If you’re still having trouble, please let us know.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey, Cr926. We identified two, separate and unrelated fiber cuts to our network backbone providers. Our engineers worked to address the issue immediately and services are now being restored to business and residential internet, video, and voice customers. We again apologize to anyone who was impacted. If you’re still having trouble, please let us know.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Good morning, Ben345. We identified two, separate and unrelated fiber cuts to our network backbone providers. Our engineers worked to address the issue immediately and services are now being restored to business and residential internet, video, and voice customers. We again apologize to anyone who was impacted. If you’re still having trouble, please let us know.