Community Forum

Dropping emails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Dropping emails

You didn't say what kind of other device you have.  If the account is enabled on both of them using IMAP, everything is synced.  If you disable it on one, you will just not get any incoming emails on it.  If you have the other device enabled using POP3, it can download the messages and then delete them from the server unless you set it not to.  So you need to check and see if that's what is going on.

New Poster

If I disable it on the otther device then if it is removed from the server, I can't retrieve it.  Is there a setting that will not remove it from the server?

Expert

Do you have the account enabled on more than one device?  If so, it may be downloading the messages and then deleting them from the server.  If you do have a second device, disable the account on it and see if that explains it.

New Poster

Dropping emails

It appears that Comcast is dropping/deleting emails.   After not being able to locate emails that I konw I didn't delete I started watching and noticed that the last email after a few days just drops out of my in-box to who knows where.   This appers to happen if I have more than 20 in the in-box.

Thank you