Community Forum

Does anyone know how to intrepret a Login Report from Comcast Security?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Does anyone know how to intrepret a Login Report from Comcast Security?

We asked for a Login Report from the Security Dept of Comcast. What they sent was five pages of about 53 days of activity for our email address. We are trying to see if anyone else has logged in to our account from another machine, besides ours.

The Report has a header page with the following:

Event Date/Time

IP Address

User ID

Authorization Status

Destination

ON/Off Net

There is no explantion of what the entries mean. 

Some of the login dates and times are not at times when we would be using the computer.

The Authorization Status is mostly listed as Success with a few Bad Password entries.

Destination is mostly WN with a couple of AM listed.

The On/Off Net column is all Y, except for two N when we used another computer to access email.

Also, there is two weeks where there was no activity recorded, even tho we used the computer to check email on Comcast.

Any help interpreting the report would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Expert

Re: Does anyone know how to intrepret a Login Report from Comcast Security?

I've not seen this report before, but most of the entries seem obvious, with two exceptions; Destination and On/Off Net.

I'm not sure what destination is. Whoever you contacted for the report may be able to help.

On/Off Net most likely is whether you checked the email from a computer on or off of Comcast's network.

Your best column to use initially would be the IP address. While residential IP addresses are officially dynamic (subject to change) they most often remain static over a period of time. Since it's unique to your computer, you can check that way. Get your current IP address for comparison.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks.

The IP address is all of the same one, ours, except for the first two where we used another persons computer to check email.

The weird thing is the times showing what we think are logon times, Early in the morning or late at night, and the two weeks where there was no login activity.

Expert

If you are using a wireless router, or have a modem/wireless combo, check to make sure it is secure.

Here is info on securing a wireless network:   Windows XP    Windows Vista/7   Macintosh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I already have it secured.

That's not the issue.