Community Forum

Do I have a good setup?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Do I have a good setup?

Guy. FWIW, there is a method to my madness.............

Expert

A couple of additional suggestions:

1. If you're using Ethernet to connect to the router, make sure all your cables are rated Cat 5e (100 Mbps) or faster, since the Airport Express and the SB6141 can handle that speed.
2. If you're using WiFi, you can get faster wireless speeds by upgrading your router: the Airport Express is a rather dated Wireless N machine and you're likely not going to get faster than what you're getting now.

You can always keep it as a wireless extender or Airplay device since it has a 3.5 mm audio jack.

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.
Diamond Problem Solver

What do you get with a computer connected directly to the 6141 with an ethernet cable (no router) ?

New Poster

Do I have a good setup?

Hello, I currently have the 100Mbps max speed.

I recently replaced the Comcast modem with my own. 

I'm using the Arris SB6141 modem with an Apple Airport Express A1392.

When I run a speed test from speedtest.net, I get about 59.4 Mbps download and 5.9Mbps upload.

Is this a good setup? Can I get more speed with another modem?