Community Forum

Difficulty maintaining a Skype for Business connection despite tests showing 190+ mbts down/12 down

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Difficulty maintaining a Skype for Business connection despite tests showing 190+ mbts down/12 down

Skype for Business works great when I am in the office but when I work from home and use my wired Comcast connection I have difficulties maintaining any presentation either watching or sharing via Skype.  Speed tests show high down and upload speeds.  Connection is wired and I have a new Docsys 3.1 modem that is supported by Comcast.  My question:  Could signal strength coming into the house impact this?  

I had a comcast tech come out and replace all my connections since I was seeing variable connection speeds--that fixed the download/upload speeds but did not seem to affect my connection with skype.  They mentioned that my signal strength was low, but it should be ok since I was only using the service for internet and not driving Cable TV too.  If I ever added a CATV Box I should have it addressed.   Trying to get comcast to fix the signal strength as its the only thing I could think of that might be contributing to the problem.     For those engineers----Would signal strength impact the quality of the signal?  Anyone experience similar issues with Skype or Skype for Business?

New Poster

Re: Difficulty maintaining a Skype for Business connection despite tests showing 190+ mbts down/12 d

Hmmmmm 57 views in 5 days and no customer service response...I'd say this is a problem. Come on Comcast. Us home business users need a fix here for this heavily used Skype for Business app. Or at least a work around.

New Poster

Re: Difficulty maintaining a Skype for Business connection despite tests showing 190+ mbts down/12 d

I am having issues with this as well. I think it is related to their network "management" which throttles high bandwidth users such as heavy Skype for Business users. Basically, if you are doing business at home and on Comcast, you are in trouble.

Expert

wrote:

Hmmmmm 57 views in 5 days and no customer service response...I'd say this is a problem. Come on Comcast. Us home business users need a fix here for this heavily used Skype for Business app. Or at least a work around.

If you are a Business Class subscriber, you may want to try posting on their Business Class Help Forums here;

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Had the same issue..

Replaced the default comcast equipment.. problem went away.

My thread is here, just updated it.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Re-Skype-for-Business-calls-dropping-on-Gigabit-serv...